Melissa Mendez







The cultural artifact I chose was a camera, ever since I was the age of six I loved to take pictures. I love to take pictures of others, I love to take pictures of myself and I love to take pictures of real moments etc.


The first camera I received was the one my mom gave me. She had gifted it to me after I would always borrow it from her to take pictures of people and backgrounds. I’ve always been that girl that volunteers to take pictures of other people because I like to make people look good. I also think that I enjoy taking pictures on cameras because I love the memories they hold. I’ll take photos on anything like peoples phones or cameras, new or old cameras, and any type of technology with a camera. Being so fascinated with cameras and pictures I would look up online all the different types of cameras. When I would go to stores I would take pictures with all of the different types of cameras at lined up against the wall and compare them. After a while of being so fascinated with photography I finally decided what camera I wanted for myself. When I graduated my parents gifted me my very first camera. This camera was a Canon t5i  and it was the camera I dreamt of.


I fell in love with it and I still have it to this day. It is still one of the latest technology and takes amazing professional photos. This camera has allowed me to take and print out all of my family holiday photos and create memories with my family. I recognize that this is one of the best interests and hobbies that I’ve ever had in my life.


This artifact has impacted me in a positive way because it helps me have a hobby. I consider this to be an important impact on my life and childhood leading up to my adulthood. Not only is this something I enjoy it, but it’s a skill of some value. This makes me see artifact in a different way because I never illustrated it as such a positive interest of mine.

Comments

  1. I can relate to you. I live in the house of "photographers" not really, and that is part of my life. That make appreciate and make you remember all these photos you and your family taking. This can make get more interested want you to improve that skill.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG 1